I Eat Raw Egg Eggnog Most Days, And You Should Too!
Most days, I can't decide what to eat at some point. I need something that is great, filling, and pretty clost to zer carbs. I need something that has a glycemic index of less than 10. So, I eat raw egg eggnog. I know most people immediately picture Rocky downing raw eggs when they think of drinking raw eggs, but this is nothing like it. Lately, I have been using our Quail eggs, because we have an abundance of those. Sometimes I use chicken eggs, and often I use duck eggs. I generally use about 4 duck eggs, 5 chicken eggs, or 21 quail eggs. That's a lot of eggs. But, it holds me over for about 5 or 6 hours so it's worth it. Here is the basic recipe I have been using lately:
Farmer Jon's Raw EggNog Recipe:
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, Half and Half, or Light Cream
- 280 grams of raw eggs: (Usually 4 Duck Eggs, 5 Chicken Eggs, or 18-21 Quail Eggs)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (the link is to what I use)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon-Ceylon (the link is to what I use)
- A few dashes of Nutmeg (I don't use this as of this writing because I haven't ordered it yet, but these frontier organics spices are great!)
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric (it just changes the color and adds health benefits)
- 1/4 Tsp Stevia Powder or an equivalent sweetener of your choice. I use the linked stevia powder because it's pretty much pure stevia powder. I have also used this brand of stevia powder and it was equally as good.
1/4 cup Raw Coco Powder
1/2 cup coffee, or freeze coffee and pour your eggnog over coffee ice cubes!
Put all of the ingredients into a blender (except maybe the optional coffee ice cubes) and blend it for about 20 seconds on low. Pour into a glass, enjoy. Makes enough for two smallish eaters, or one Farmer Jon size eaters.
Also, this is great with Captain Morgan spiced Rum, or some brandy of your choice.
I highly recommend the chocolate eggnog over coffee ice cubes in the summer. It's awesome!